Yes, if you have:
1. Bandwidth. Sponsorship isn’t just about doing the work to sign a like-minded company. It’s also about going above and beyond to deliver the benefits promised — ensuring the sponsor’s goals are met. That takes staff/volunteer time.
2. Patience. Lead time may be from 6 to 12 months, with implementation after that.
3. Relationships. Board and staff leaders and friends must be willing to introduce you to marketing decision-makers at prospect companies.
4. Data. Prospects want to know who you represent, how many people you reach, and how you reach them.
5. Social media. Sponsors list presence in digital/social/mobile media as one of the most sought-after benefits, the top way to leverage their sponsorship, and a key metric to measure success.